Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins
Active time: 25 min
Total time: 1 hr
Yield: Makes 12 muffins
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (7 1/2 oz)
- Special equipment: a muffin pan with 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups; 12 foil or paper muffin liners
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400° F.
Put liners in muffin cups.
- Whisk together butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in a bowl until combined well.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
Add milk mixture and stir until just combined.
Fold in blueberries gently.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Source: Gourmet | July 2006 via Epicurious