Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Place water and milk in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until liquids reach (110° F/45° C).
Pour liquids into mixer bowl; add sugar and stir to dissolve.
Add in yeast and let set for 10-20 minutes to proof (the mixture will be foamy).
- Mix on low speed adding the salt, butter and egg.
Once well mixed add in the flour 1/4 cup at a time.
Remove the paddle attachment and attach the dough hook.
With the machine, knead the dough for 5-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and shape into desired shapes (I cut the ball of dough into quarters, and then quartered each of those,
and then rolled each piece into a ball).
Cover with a clean towel and let rise in a warm place for an hour.
Gently brush the tops of the rolls with half of the softened butter.
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C) and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Upon removing the rolls from the oven brush them with remaining softened butter once again.
Source: Amberís Delectable Delights via the Browneyed Baker